.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Intimacy

Though this site will cover many areas such as relationships, desire, the philosophy of love, my favorite past times - travel and photography, divine contemplation, the idea of personal goals and what success could look like, it will also address the areas of peace and the longing therefor. Visit -- The Intimate Longings Reserve new from the Ihoha Collection.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Complicated but Beautiful

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Hold On!

This is a profound prayer that I intentionally took with me when I traveled to Kenya this spring.  While there, on two occasions, I had the opportunity to share it with others when using it as an opening to my presentation.

The word "profound" is sometimes overly used.  So, I want to remind you and me of what the word means.  

Profound is an adjective and comes from the Latin 'profundus' which broken down equals pro- meaning before plus fundus meaning bottom.  So that in order for something to be "profound", it has to have depth characterized by intensity of feeling or quality; extending far below the surface.

When you join me in reading this prayer, you will know where we are – in the deep.

Hold On

Hold on to what is good
even if it’s a handful of earth.

Hold on to what you believe
even if it’s a tree that stands by itself.

Hold on to what you must do
even if it’s a long way from here.

Hold on to your life
even if it’s easier to let go.

Hold on to my hand
even if I’ve gone away from you.


(Hold On is a Pueblo Indian Prayer)

3 Comments:

Blogger mochasistah said...

I truly appreciate the prayer and need to chant that a couple of times. Sometimes it seems to be easier to let go, but it's better to HOLD on. Thanks for the lesson!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings, dear one, and thank you for extending the opportunity to share the name of a loved one who has gone on. I wish to mention the name of Francince Elizabeth Coles. With love I give thanks.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Ihoha said...

Anonymous, thank you for the opportunity to continue adding names of loved one to our Memorial here on Intimacy. It is with reverence that Francine Elizabeth Coles will be added. Blessings,

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Created by Crazyprofile.com
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
  • Resources, References & More Links