.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Intimacy

Though this site will cover many areas such as relationships, desire, the philosophy of love, my favorite past times - travel and photography, divine contemplation, the idea of personal goals and what success could look like, it will also address the areas of peace and the longing therefor. Visit -- The Intimate Longings Reserve new from the Ihoha Collection.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Complicated but Beautiful

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Days Like This


When my firstborn was 20, I wondered aloud where he was going with his life. We even discussed how there is a discrepency between the yearnings we have to become the best person that we can possibly be and the actual growth we have made toward that position at the moment of observation.

We concluded that in order to hasten the process of self-discovery and improvement, it is best to turn our attention to the way in which we function in our daily life -- our every interaction, conversation, public and private decision, belief, and private thoughts... Every action and decision has something to tell us about our own character and the principles by which we choose to act. We agreed that we have discovered the power of quiet reflection -- no matter how short the duration -- and its importance in adding peace to our lives.

Yesterday, as I listened to him tell a group of strangers "I'm grateful for my Mom," I was humbled by the tone and depth of sincerity with which he made the statement. Watching him develop and assisting in that development (as he allows and however I can) is becoming increasingly more exciting and we plan to have many more days like this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed that you spoke of "the process of self-discovery and improvement." I have found an insight in "Conversations with God" to be quite workable in this regards: Life is not a process of self-discovery rather it is a process of self-creation. We are not discoverying ourself nor are we improving, rather we are creating ourselves in the next grandest version of the greatest vision we ever held about Who We Are. That makes each and every moment a new beginning, a new opportunity to be not who we were but who we wish we were. Yes, it is a choice. Be Cause!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Ihoha said...

Anonymous,

I sincerely thank you for your comment. I have several of the books by Mr. Walsch including Friendship with God and The New Revelations. They were tucked just above Sacred Contracts.

With your reminder, I have lifted them again from my bookshelf, will share them with my son and in-joy them with renewed vigor.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Created by Crazyprofile.com
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
  • Resources, References & More Links